The Oil Polytechnic Center was founded on September 11, 1985 located in the Havana municipality of Regla, it has the responsibility of perfecting the process of training and development of the technological disciplines of the Cuban Oil Industry, with specialists from the companies of the system and national and foreign educational institutions. This center has been accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education (MES) since 2003 as an Authorized Center for Postgraduate Professional Improvement in specialties related to the oil industry.
Chronology of the beginnings of the Oil Polytechnic Center:
1985 – Santa Cruz del Norte first Headquarters, later moved to Havana.
1992 – Founded the Havana Headquarters.
1993 – Inauguration of the Santiago de Cuba Headquarters.
2004 – Varadero Headquarters is created.
2007 – The Matanzas and Cienfuegos headquarters emerge.
Opening of offices in areas where oil activity is especially significant:
- Santiago de Cuba
- It is certified by the ISO 9001: 2000 standard by the international entity Bureau Veritas and by the governing body in the country for quality, the National Office for Standardization. Also throughout its operation it has obtained important International Certifications of operators to develop programs:
NAIT: North Alberta Institute of Technology. Edmonton, Canada.
- It certifies the operators of Refining, Production, Drilling, Movement and Storage of Petroleum Products. (MAP)
- H2S training.
- Certification in Rescue and survival in environments with H2S for instructors.
- Certification in Rescue and survival in environments with H2S for students.
IWCF: International Well Forum. Montrose, Scotland.
- Well Control Certification for drillers.
- Well Control Certification for supervisors.
- Specialty in Petroleum Engineering.
- Safety, Health at Work and Environment (General courses)
- International certification in survival in an environment with H2S
- Well Control and Intervention.
- International Certification of Process Operators.
- Administrative courses: English, Spanish for foreigners.
- IT, HR, Management Techniques.
- Instructor Training Course (CFI).
- Courses tailored to the client (Personalized).