ALBA-TCP reinforces its unity and capacity for consultation. Fidel and Chávez outlined the goals, presented the ideas and pointed the way for the defense of the American homeland. It opposes the threat and use of force, defends peace and seeks solutions to conflicts through respectful dialogue and without external interference. We need to build a genuine regional integration that makes reality the dreams and purposes for which Bolívar, Martí and many other heroes of Nuestra América fought. The unit is indispensable. Everything that divides and separates the region must be set aside. Solidarity integration is an essential condition for the ALBA-TCP countries to advance towards development, in the face of the big blocks that dominate the world economy. The revolutionary and progressive governments, along with the political forces, the popular movements, the trade unions, peasants, students, academics and the intellectuals of the peoples of the region are still fighting for the unity of Our America. It is urgent to fight and defend a Latin America and Caribbean united in its diversity in which respect, friendship and cooperation prevail, as established in the Proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace. With the political ideals of Chávez and Fidel, inspired by the Martí and Bolivarian thought, this integrationist project was formed, based on solidarity, cooperation and complementarity. The ALBA-TCP repudiates the threats to the sovereignty, independence and peace and stability of the entire region. The ALBA-TCP is a bastion of respect and defense of the postulates of the Proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace, adopted by the Heads of State and Government of CELAC in Havana, in January 2014.
The agenda of the US government threatens the true integration of the countries of the region.
The sovereignty and self-determination of Venezuela must be respected. Bolívar’s homeland can resolve its internal affairs without foreign interference. The unilateral coercive measures imposed against Venezuela and the sequestration of financial assets with which the government must meet the needs of the population, harm the Venezuelan people and are the main responsible for the massive emigration and the humanitarian situation created. Venezuela has made a great contribution to regional integration, with its solidarity and generosity, especially towards the peoples of Latin America and the Caribbean.
We reject the activation of Title III of the Helms Burton Act, denounce its extraterritorial nature and the strengthening of the economic, commercial and financial blockade of the United States of America against Cuba.
We express our unwavering solidarity with Nicaragua and our condemnation of any kind of external interference in that country.
The agenda of the US government threatens to:
• destabilization of legitimate, democratically elected governments,
• subversion, unconventional war and unilateral coercive measures,
• extreme and selfish trade protectionism that will impact international trade relations,
• renunciation and violation of environmental agreements to favor the income of transnationals,
• persecution and deportation of migrant masses generated by the unequal distribution of wealth and the growth of poverty caused by the imposed international order, promotion of xenophobia.
• construction of a wall that separates the United States from Latin America and the Caribbean.
• Poverty, catastrophes, migrants, are not contained with walls, but with cooperation, development, understanding and peace.
• High level of political agreement in regional and multilateral organizations, in defense of the principles of international law, the postulates of the Proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace and mutual solidarity.
• Three countries of Our America were declared “Free Territories of Illiteracy”: (Venezuela (2005), Bolivia (2008) and Nicaragua (2009).
• Misión Milagro has returned sight to more than 5 million people for free. Additionally, it has offered more than 27 million ophthalmological consultations and has delivered more than 41 million lenses.
• Misión Milagro has privileged mainly low-income people who have never received medical attention because of their ophthalmological conditions.
• As part of the Psychosocial Genetic Clinical Study of People with Disabilities, more than 1 million people who were unprotected have been identified in six countries. It offered more than 2 million consultations and delivered more than 1 million technical aids as prostheses
• The Psychosocial Genetic Clinical Study of People with Disabilities, as a program, has also integrated patients into society, without discrimination, while promoting their individual potential.
• More than 2,000 young people from Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa are trained as community doctors with a deep social vocation and high scientific, technical, ethical and humanistic training at the Latin American School of Medicine (ELAM) with offices in Cuba and Venezuela .
• Four editions of the ALBA Sports Games were held with the participation of more than 10,000 athletes from 31 nations.
• As a consequence of the earthquake of January 12, 2010 in Haiti, the ALBA-TCP countries approved an action plan and contributed to the reconstruction and promotion of the development of the brother Caribbean country in the areas of health, finance, energy, agriculture and food sovereignty, education, construction, security, transport and logistics.
• The Alliance has proposed the construction and consolidation of a Space of Interdependence, Sovereignty and Economic Solidarity through the Treaty of Commerce of the Peoples, the SUCRE and the Bank of ALBA.
• Firm condemnation of ALBA against the genocidal economic, commercial and financial blockade of the United States against Cuba.